My friend David posted a video of an amazing looking recipe on my FB wall the other day and it involved bacon, of course. So, I decided to make some adjustments and make my own version and I was thrilled with the results! Paleo friendly and protein rich, these breadless bites made an excellent dinner with a side of fresh greens and some grapes.
1 package of Maple flavored Bacon
six eggs with yolk, separated
1/2 cup feta and bleu cheese mix
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of oregano
crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/3 cup diced onion
1. Cook bacon – but not too crispy
2. Wrap bacon around cupcake pan and place a small piece of bacon in the bottom of each cupcake tin.
3. Combine egg whites with garlic, onion, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture into each tin.
5. Top each cupcake with egg yolk. Top egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture.
6. Season with oregano to taste.
7. Once cooled, add avocado to the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.